- CEO, Nokia Solutions and Networks (previously Nokia Siemens Networks) 2009–2014
- Head of Services, Nokia Siemens Networks 2007–2009
- Head of Asia Pacific, Nokia Siemens Networks 2007
- Senior Vice President, Nokia Networks Asia Pacific 2005–2007
- Vice President, Hutchison Customer Business Team, Nokia Networks 2004 – 2005
- General Manager, Business Development, Nokia Networks Asia Pacific 2003
- Sales Director – BT, O2 and Hutchison Global Customers, Nokia Networks 2002
- Director, Technology and Applications, BT Global Customer, Nokia Networks 2000–2001
- Head of Global Competitive Intelligence, Nokia Networks 1999–2000
- Head of Product Competence Center, Nokia Networks South Asia 1997–1999
- System Marketing Manager, Cellular Transmission, Nokia Networks India 1995–1997
- Head of Group Procurement, imports and special projects, Churchgate Group 1993–1995
- National Account Manager – Transmission / Manager – Strategic Planning, ICL India (ICIM) 1990–1993
- Production Engineer, Calcom Electronics 1989
Commissioner at United Nations Broadband Commission
Finland’s Business leader of the year 2016
Recipient of Marco Polo Award in China as a testimony of Nokia’s friendship to China
Rajeev is a leader with a passion for creating value, innovation, and delivering technologies that have a positive impact on people’s lives. He has a deep expertise in many areas of technology, particularly telecommunication networks & devices, the Internet of Things, virtual reality, digital health, big data analytics, cloud computing, and internet business models. Since becoming the CEO of Nokia in April’ 2014 Rajeev has led the company through a series of major transformations including the €15.6 billion acquisition of Alcatel Lucent, the divestment of HERE, the planned acquisition of digital health company Withings, and the scheduled return of Nokia branded mobile phone and tablets. In his previous role as CEO of Nokia Solutions and Networks, he delivered a complete turnaround, increasing the value of the business from approximately €1 billion to more than €9 billion.
In his more than 26 years of international experience, Rajeev has worked in roles comprising strategy and M&A, product marketing, sales, major account leadership, regional and business unit leadership and has lived in Middle East, Asia, Africa and Europe.
Rajeev has a Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics and Communications) from Manipal Institute of Technology, India. He was born in India in 1967, is a Singaporean citizen and is based in Espoo, Finland. He is also a United Nation’s Broadband Commissioner, and is a vocal proponent of the opportunities broadband offers to enhance how people live and work.